Monday, November 17, 2014

Let's write a song together

Good day! Thank you for joining me on this blog about praise! I have been thinking about starting a journal of praise for a while now, then we had a wonderful study at church with Lorraine Hill and the topic was on worship (Deepening Your Worship) so that encouraged me even more.

 I am very blessed to also be part of the amazing Choir in my church... it's amazing not because we are each amazing individually... it's amazing because He is awesome and because we are all there, flawed and all, singing to the One who deserves our very best... sometimes we're tired, sometimes it's late, sometimes it's cold, sometimes some of our fellow choir members are sick, some of them in pain, some going through hardship and it's so encouraging to meet with all of them each rehearsal, each service and join our voices to SING to our source of joy and peace, to our Savior Jesus Christ. So I thought I would start this blog... as a "continuation" of my worship... Hopefully more choir members not only from my church but from other Jesus/Bible Centered churches will join me here so we can praise together... encourage one another and just use this space to share a reason why you praise Him every-single day.

Are you ready? So... what will you praise Him for today? It's easy... you can either share a thought, a moment, a reflection, a quote, a song, a prayer, etc... It's not only about thanking Him for what He's given you but also for Who He is ... so I think we have plenty of material for LIFE! Think about it... if we'll praise Him FOREVER then it means there's something for each day of our life... and more!

We can also share about the songs we're singing... if you go to the same church I go ... remember to check your music on Planning Center, our next Anthem will be "Thanks Be To Our God", it's so beautiful and sooo appropriate for this Thanksgiving Season so I thought we could all reflect on the words of this song ... what would you add to it???.  Let's "write a new song" together... Thanks be to our God.... I'll start with some words that I wrote....

"For the times when I cried silently and He heard,
and for opening His arms when no one cared
for deliverance from hell, for one day I'll see His face
Because now there's only life where there were wounds
... Thanks be to Our God" - PK

Hopefully, making this song "our own" (because all of it applies to us if He is our Savior) will help us sing it with that much more passion when we sing it together!

Paloma K.

8 comments:

  1. For the times I have wandered and struck out on my own;
    For how the Holy Spirit lovingly drew me back home.
    No condemnation, no loss of His love
    Just a deepening assurance from my Savior above
    That I am His and He is mine
    Now and forever together through time.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing Mrs. Catherine... Love it! it's easy to let the praises flow for Him!

      Delete
  2. Love this! We are one voice worshipping the One true and Holy God. 😃 ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and joining us in Praise too Venessa! :) Let the sopranos know! ;)

      Delete
  3. Love to all my sisters in Christ. Worshipping with you is the highlight of my week! God is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to choir practice tonight. I keep singing in my head Glory, Glory, Glory to God in the highest, Glory, Glory, Glory to God in the Highest on earth peace, good will on earth to men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful Mandy! Thanks so much for sharing! Glory to God in the Highest! Glory, Glory to God :)

      Delete